Total Hits

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oral Presentation Reflection

In our group project scene: Act II Scene III...

  • "Had I but died an hour before this chance. I had lived a blessed time; for from this instant There's nothing serious in mortality; All is but toys: renown and grace is dead; The wine of life is drawn, and the mere lees is left this vault to brag of"

    -Macbeth


    We see how power has corrupted Macbeth, through his actions and words. To the point in which Macbeth would murder the King's servants, to further rid any evidence of his misdeeds, as well as lie about the details regarding King Duncan's murder, to save himself of any suspicion. This newly-found corruption stems from the promise of power given to him by the prophecy of the witches. Showing that Macbeth's character is one that is willing to consider doing anything; so long as they get what they want.

    • Something important which I've come to learn by working with this group, is that everyone brings with them their own unique ideas, experiences and abilities. These assets can help provide to an overall better quality of work to share to others. However, these qualities can also work against the group, due to many uncertain complications and personal differences within each other. The key to a successful collaboration is to maximize everyone's full potential to contribute, and to minimize everyone's concerns as well as weaknesses for the better of the group. As shown with how Josh, Elyjah, and I contributed different ideas that we thought only were the most necessary for the project, and assumed specific roles in the group based on what we thought we excelled at the most.
    • Something that I noticed that I need to work on for next time, is my management of time. During the past few weeks working with my group, I noticed that we all had a theory down and a general concept of how the project would work; but it took far much longer for us to actually implement our ideas in tangible terms (actually going to work on the project). Therefore giving us less time to focus on the quality of our work.
    •  Overall, the thing I am most proud of in our group's work is our incorporation of humor to give the scene a much more different tone than usually given off to the audience. This made the scene much more captivating and interesting, and I think that this attracted the audience. Some of our classmates congratulated us for our work, and that's all I aimed to do: To please.
    •  If I were to divide a pie with our group's individual work percentages on it, I would divide it for everyone in three equal loads but in different portions. Due to how we all contributed equally in some way or another, but did so in different ways. Josh provided us with the space and tools to work, as well as gave important feedback on the project. Elyjah on the other hand, cooperated well and never hesitated to share his thoughts for the project. Despite never having been acquainted until now, he nevertheless delivered when it came to critical moments and always came prepared.

      Lastly, I provided ideas as well as plans for the project, and cooperated with the group with whatever was needed to be done. I always tried to incorporate everyone's ideas within my work so that we could have a project that we all could be proud of.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment